Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New House Cleaning Routine

Here's my new routine to keep up with the house. It's going really well.

Daily

Before bed,
Make sure kitchen is clean and ready for tomorrow's breakfast (do after dinner)
Take 15 minutes, run through the house as quick as possible putting left-out items where they belong.
Vacuume the parts of the house that get the most traffic
Lay out clothes for next day

Every morning
Make bed
Bath, get dressed. Wipe down tub, sink and toilet while getting ready. Scrub toilet bowl quickly with old shampoo that's there.
Make breakfast, and clean up afterward

Sometime during day
Do 1-2 items on my 'kitchen detail' list
Do 1-2 items on my 'basement detail' list

*This is how I incorporate spring cleaning with my routine. I made a list of 25 items that need to be done periodically in the kitchen, though maybe not every single week. This can include changing the foil on the range, cleaning the oven, organizing cabinets etc. I made a detail list on every section of the house, and focus on a new section every 2 weeks or so. Before you know it, the whole house has been spring cleaned over a span of a few months.

Weekly (spend 15 minutes on each item, and move on when time is up)

Feather dust entire house
Wipe down surfaces, walls and doors that get fingerprints.
Vacuume entire house
Change sheets
Mop non-carpeted floors

2 comments:

Amber said...

2 Thumbs up on your routine!

My Casa Bella said...

Wow, that is quite a routine, so you clean your bathroom EVERY morning?? LOL....
My Casa Bella